||Kansas City, MO satellite office or Washington, DC
The Solutions Consultant is a critical role on the Synoptos Business Development team and instrumental in the success of Synoptos’ go-to-market strategies. The SC is responsible for populating and mining Synoptos’ contact database for prospective customers and opportunities, then leading potential clients through a structured buying cycle where they qualify customer interest, introduce Synoptos’ solutions, work with the Services team to produce structured product demonstrations, prepare scopes of work and quotes, and negotiate and finalize purchases in order to win more business for the Synoptos Media Insights practice.
The SC is responsible for understanding Synoptos’ mission and value proposition, and having in-depth knowledge of our various products and services and well as their values for potential customers. SCs are required to use sales discovery techniques to find clients that are the “best fit” for Synoptos’ offerings, and – when paired with a Services team within one of our existing verticals – shall know details and trends within that specific industry and practice area.
Solutions Consultants must be able to work within a structured organizational environment with little day-to-day oversight; after initial training, work may be performed from a remote location aside from required in-office days as directed by the Vice President, Business Development. Adherence to activity metrics and documentation within Salesforce (or other CRM) is an absolute requirement. The right individual will receive extensive training in both sales methodologies as well as specifics of Synoptos’ products, services and benefits.
We're Looking For
- Technical aptitude, sales experience, and a willingness to adhere to established systems
- Strong persuasive, analytical and interpersonal skills
- A competitive drive that seeks winning solutions and a desire to support a diverse team
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Passionately lead the sale of Synoptos’ Media Insights solutions that empower communications professionals, provide up-to-date news and information to subscribers, and deliver expert analysis of media trends as they impact our customers’ brands
- Research, contact, and cultivate new potential customers via an established outbound sales and prospecting process
- Use investigative questioning and consulting techniques with potential customers in order to uncover the possibility of sales opportunities, including the availability of funding, the identity of final decision-makers, the prospect’s level of interest and timeline for purchase
- Schedule and present targeted and appropriate solutions to potential customers via webinar presentations in an exceptionally professional and well-communicated manner
- Coordinate with Services team members, including Project Managers, Analysts, and Researchers, to build standardized yet relevant demonstration material for prospects moving through the buying cycle
- Create scopes of work, quotes, and proposals for prospective customers as they near a purchasing decision
- Manage the closing process, firmly supporting Synoptos’ terms and conditions and involving management as necessary, to sign business agreements with new customers and build toward an overall individual sales goal
- Support customer renewals and upselling by partnering with Project Managers on the Services team for routine client check-ins
- Strict adherence to activity and documentation requirements, ensuring that the individual sales funnel is continuously replenished with new and active opportunities and that sales funnel reviews and forecasting are available at any time
- Operate successfully in a dynamic environment, with the capability of managing time and organization in a remote environment in a way that meets or exceeds all goals
- Develop consultative and “trusted advisor” status within the market and amongst communications professionals within the assigned industry or practice area
- Ability to compose a project plan rapidly into goals, objectives, alternatives, and tasks in systematic way
- Work with the Vice President, Business Development to create a comprehensive prospecting and sales strategy designed to meet or exceed all activity goals, organizational requirements, and – ultimately – sales goals
A dedication, belief and commitment to the mission and values of Synoptos
We are a media intelligence company providing news and social insights to help our clients understand what's transpiring in the media, identify pathways to influence key stakeholders, and improve operational decision-making. We accomplish our mission through these core values:
- Be curious
- Innovate wherever possible
- Invest in our people
- Provide exceptional service
- See ourselves as part of client’s team
- Sharp attention to detail
Essential Competencies include
- Aptitude – a true desire to understand customer realities, industry terms and technology, and our products and benefits; ability to “learn the language” of the industry
- Intellectual curiosity – a strong and independent desire to learn, using information to improve job performance and better serve customers
- Solution-oriented mentality – critical-thinking skills that drive both business and technology successes – helping the customer while helping the business
- Sense of Humor – because work can and should be fun.
- Independence – a realization that you’re hired to do a job and that no one else will do it for you; both company and customer need your competence
- Consultative empathy – the ability to speak to any customer at nearly any level and take more interest in their situation and needs than in your own
- Knowledgeable guidance – all actions are purposeful, and customer interactions must have a goal, mutual agreement on a next step, and rigorous follow-up to confirm results
- Business-tool savvy – the use of business tools (laptops, the internet, CRMs, the Office suite, etc.) must be second nature; if you still double-click hyperlinks, do not apply
- Clarity in communication – whether written or oral, communication and presentation skills must be top-notch and adaptable based on audience and environment
- Attention to detail – rigorous documentation to ensure both company and customer stay informed and on-track, with no surprises
- Responsive – to prospects, clients, superiors, peers
- Driven to win – a dedication to the mission and core values of Synoptos, seeking winning solutions that help the company exceed annual goals
How to apply:
Submit your most current resume or LinkedIn PDF, cover letter outlining your approach to aligning data to strategy and a situation in which you’ve done just that, and two relevant writing samples to email@example.com
Synoptos is a fast growing, nationally recognized data analytics firm with a focus on news and social media. We provide customized media intelligence with a human touch to help a variety of Fortune 500 companies and government agencies stay on top of the information that affects their bottom line.
So what sets us apart? You.
Sure, we employ proprietary technology backed by the National Science Foundation and developed in partnership with faculty at Georgetown University and Virginia’s Center for Innovative Technology. Sure, our software combs news and social media with pinpoint precision. Sure, we can synthesize billions of data points into a handful of relevant insights. But Synoptos’ researchers and analysts are the ones who make the biggest difference to our clients. Researchers and analysts provide intelligence support to inform and counsel clients on their communications strategies, investment decisions, and daily operations. We help our clients meet their business objectives by synthesizing complex information in the news and social media, uncovering relationship networks and emerging media trends, and clarifying them into actionable insights.
The company is composed of technologists, federal senior executives, former Congressmen, best-selling authors, former investigative reporters, and communications professionals.